How To Tell If Working At Home Is Right For You

You love the idea of being able to work at home and relish the notion of spending more time with the family, but you are just not sure this is the right road for you.

Do not sweat it – you are not alone in your doubts.

Just about every one who has ever launched a successful at-home career has faced them. Still, it is smart to be sure.
Working at home does require a lot of dedication, discipline and patience. It is just not for everyone, and that is perfectly okay. There are a few things that should be carefully considered if you are intending to make working at home your serious business proposal.

Even if you are intending to work at home part-time, adding a career into the mix can change things a bit.

To make sure you are going in a good direction for you, it is important to review such things as
finances, family support and your ability to cope with the prospect of working at home.

Some people thrive in this situation, but others wither and fade away

7 Comments

Tamara P · February 17, 2018 at 11:53 am

Hi Pete, great post. I have the same doubts, to continue working in a Corporate world or driving my own online business. I love the idea of working

from home and having the freedom to organize my time. I have small kids so I would love to spend more time with them. I am grateful that I have

support from my family and I decided to test this idea and see will it work for me. I hope it will.
Kind regards and all the best.
Tamara

admin · February 17, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Hi Tamara
    I changed the goal posts with my family. First one into the military. First one to run their own business. I am glad that you have the support of your family as this is very important, both for the good times but especially for when the bumps in the road happen. You are correct that the biggest things to get right are self-discipline and time organisation, without either you will struggle.
    Good luck.
    Pete.

Jaye Carden · March 22, 2018 at 11:31 am

You made great points with this blog post Peter. There is a lot of thinking behind a home

business, and the more you do before hand, the more hurt you save yourself. Enjoyed it.

Bruno Duarte · March 22, 2018 at 11:35 am

Great reading! your posts are always filled with good info and straight to the point! nice

call! 🙂

Six Figure · March 22, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Hi Bruno,
    I am glad you enjoyed this post.
    Best regards.
    Pete

Gerald Begg · March 22, 2018 at 11:41 am

Choosing to be an entrepreneur is a big step and you give some important discussion around

this issue Peter.

Six Figure · March 22, 2018 at 5:11 pm

Thank you Gerald for taking the time to leave a comment on becoming an entrepreneur.
    Pete